Wow, what can I say about the Vortex 150! It’s amazing! Get one! But seriously, it is! I’m a big fan of the Vortex family from day one with the 285 and I like how they always improve from the previous version… The Vortex150 is no exception to the rule! This mini sized Vortex takes fun to a whole new level shrinking the size down to a 3″ FPV rocket!
- Weight: ~175 without battery (<250g with 500mAh pack but I recommend bigger if you want to break the 3 minutes flight time)
- Power Requirements: 3s-4s LiPo (4s for me!)
- ESCs: Full Custom, 16A cont. 20A peak, rotorSENSE, OneShot125/42, Multishot(v3)
- Motors: Custom V-Spec 1306, with 2mm axles, 5mm shafts
- Props: HQ 3″ Tri-Blade
- Flight Camera: FatShark 600TVL CCD(equivalent to HS1177)
- Receiver Compatibility: CPPM, S-Bus, Spektrum™, XBus, SumH, SumD (not included) I’m using the FrSky XSR
- Flight Time: Highly dependent upon battery, and flying style(3-4min on 850mah)
There is 3 different models, the international with 25-600mw with all the bands, the US with 25-600mw with some bands restriction and the EU version limited to 25mw I believe so.
What exactly you need to do to get flying with this bad boy:
- Remove props
- Install antenna
- Install Compatible R/C Receiver
- Install suitable battery
- Setup the video link
- Run the wizard
- Install the props and go have fun!
What battery to recommend? I am still testing but the Turnigy Bolt 850mah 4s work but that is the only that I tried so far… I am getting Pulse battery this week and I will be able to compare… I will have the Pulse 650mah 4s and the 850mah 4s…
As far the XT30 plug for the battery, for this size quad, I would say that it is perfect, no need to change for XT60 unless you prefer to deal with one size fit all! The Vortex 150 rarely pull more than 20-30 amps…
In a nutshell, there is not much to say but that ImmersionRC is getting close perfection on this one!
- Extremely compact and clean in the inside
- Easy to get inside with only 8 screws(Be aware that they are are torx screw)
- Super small form factor at 175gr.
- Fun to fly
- Not really design to carry a GoPro! No surprise there!
- I don’t really have any to be honest but I will update if I find any…
Don’t forget to update it to Betaflight 3.1.5 in accordance to the video bellow…
If you want to change the OSD battery Capacity in a different increment than the one setup already on the Vortex, in example if you have a battery with a capacity of 600mah and your Vortex 150 is setup for 850mah and can only move in increment of 100mah. Just go on the ImmersionRC App and change the battery capacity via the App. Don’t forget to save it.(see attached photo Bellow)
If you want to protect your Vortex 150 screws and bottom plate, consider getting some skids here.