I recently built a QAV210 with the new RCX H2205 2350KV with Little Bee 20A ESC. At the time of ordering them, the combo for 4 motors and ESC was $79.99 but since them the price went up to $95.99, it’s unfortunate but it’s still a good price for what you get.
- Model: H2205-6 v2
- KV: 2350KV
- Weight: Approx. 24-25g
- Cable: 150mm, 22AWG Silicone
- Prop Shaft Diameter: 5mm (CW)
- Stator Diameter: 22mm
- Stator Length: 5mm
- Shaft Diameter: 3mm
- Configuration: 12N14P
- Internal Resistance: 0.109Ω
- Suitable ESC: 10-20A
Little Bee ESC Specifications:
- Input: 2-4S Lipo
- Constant Current: 20A
- Burst Current: 30A (10 seconds)
- Weight: Approx 6 gram (included cables)
- motor cable: ~7cm (may vary from time to time)
- battery cable: ~9.5cm (may vary from time to time)
- Dimensions: 23×12.5x3mm
- MCU: Silabs
- PCB – 4 Layer Blind Pole PCB – 3oz Pour
- Mosfet: ALL N-Channel
- BEC: OPTO
- you need to power up your flight controller using an UBEC or PCB with 5v. out
The first thing I noticed upon unpacking the motors is how good they look, the quality is obvious. They come with nylon luck nut and any props like the Gemfan 5045Bullnose fit perfect! At just bellow 25gr, it’s perfect for mini quad of any size and I’m also using them on my RMRC Goby 180 on 4045 props.
This motor has a nice long 15mm propshaft, so no need to buy poor quality half-thickness locknuts that can damage the threads. It has a larger, more powerful magnet array and stronger 3mm axle shaft.
Dynamic balancing done in two planes yields an exceptionally smooth motor. Those motors are as smooth as butter!
As for the ESC, 20A, supporting 2-4S – these ESCs have been the closest performing ESCs to KISS, mosfet driven with fast, dedicated driver chips on quality PCB. This gives you excellent freewheeling and exceptional braking. The next generation in speed controllers! With Silabs processor and gate-drivers which makes the motor braking especially fast. These are OPTO ESCs – this means that you will need your own 5 volt BEC to power your flight controller. Do not forget to a UBEC or PCB with 5v. out
Exceptional build quality and smooth operation into a package as light as an 1806 but only slightly larger. It will fit nicely in the 180-250mm Acro quad class, and the manufacturer recommends it for 4″-6″ props at 3S-4S depending on prop size.
* Small Size & weight for 22xx class motor makes it really comparable to 18xx class
* More power for your mini & micro quads vs 18xx motors with no weight penalty
* Super smooth with dynamic balancing & quality NMB bearings
* Extra-long 15mm x 5mm propshaft means no more cursing that your nuts are too thick * Little Bee pair with BLheli can only mean one thing, amazing!
* Less aluminum means less cooling mass; you will need to be very careful not to overload the motor
* Higher RPM capability means you need to buy better, faster ESCs to avoid desync and smoky death
Amazing motor, ESC combo; it is an exceptionally good quality motor being sold far too cheaply. If you’re even thinking about these motors I suggest you should get them while they’re still this cheap. Even with shipping, they’re an amazing value.